Vision, Culture, Technology, Learning Approach, Professional Development
Irene Basson and Lindsay Wesner saw that many teachers in South Africa (and in many other countries) are disheartened and disconnected from community. They want to do education better but have no idea where to start or what is even possible. Existing PD in schools is commonly one-size-fits-all, ad hoc, lacking in vision and does not connect teachers with relatable examples, nor allow for teacher agency, differentiation or personalisation - the key ingredients for change are amiss!
In response to this, we proudly present PurpleZA: your one-stop PD solution - Putting people and purpose at the heart of teacher education.
Gamified tracking of personal professional development goals
and the opportunity to earn micro-credentials and certifications;
connecting teachers with real stories of innovation from classrooms across South Africa;
providing a platform for strategic implementation of progressive pedagogies;
taking the guesswork out of future-proofing your school.
PurpleZA provides teachers with:
- high-quality, professional learning courses which are accessible anywhere, anytime
- quality online content which caters for various levels of skill and experience
- connections to real classrooms and teachers through stories of innovation from classrooms across South Africa
- local success stories of exemplary, innovative classroom practice featuring localised subject content and implementation examples
- gamified tracking of personal professional development goals and the opportunity to earn micro-credentials and certifications
PurpleZA provides school leaders with:
- a strategic and cohesive plan for in-service teacher training
- an implementable PD platform to drive sustainable transformation in schools
- practical PD through which is scalable, customisable and pervasive
- teacher development data for monitoring and informing future strategic planning
- access to a team of experts on-hand for online and onsite support
PurpleZA is your one-stop solution for strategic implementation of progressive pedagogies; taking the guesswork out of future-proofing your school.